It’s a day where you can drive your car on a motorsport track in a co-ordinated environment without speed restrictions. #speedlegally Whether you’re a novice, an enthusiast, or someone in between this fun and exciting day is for you. Explore your car’s potential, improve your driving skills, and meet new people.
Track Day Club FAQs
- You drive your car on a professional motorsport track and we ensure you get plenty of track time.
- Group track walk with our driver coach. The option of getting our driver coach into your car who will ride with you and share track knowledge and tips.
- Official Natsoft timing using MYLAPS transponders with your lap times posted live on the day.
- Plenty of parking and carports – just make sure you’re there early!
- Photographer who will capture you on track
- Full access to Track Day Club coffee boost from 9-11am
- Lunchtime activities. These vary from one event to another and may incl. photo opportunities, passenger hot laps in track prepared cars and much more.
- Tech tips from our technical advisors.
- 7.30 am Gates open.
- 8.00 am Track walk. Our driver coach will take you for an informative walk of the track and show you the best way around the track.
- 8.35 am Head over to the Tower to sign-in and have your session allocated. Each driver will be allocated to a session on the basis of their track driving experience, and will be issued a non-transferrable coloured wristband to identify the session they belong to.
- 8.45 am Compulsory Drivers briefing for all participants covering the track rules, signals, etiquette and the itinerary for the day ahead.
- 9.00 am Track time commences. Orientation and passenger laps up first. Each session typically runs for around twelve minutes before the next session takes over. Listen for your session to be called and get ready to head to the marshalling area. Your consecutive sessions throughout the day will alternate between driver-timed laps and driver-with-passenger untimed laps.
- 4.00 pm Track time ends. Time to pack up and head home.
- Only one passenger is permitted per session per vehicle.
- Passenger laps are not timed.
- Wakefield Park: All Passengers must be over the age of 16. (16 -18 yrs must have a Parent or Guardian signed authorisation)
- MDTC: All Passengers must be over 18. (MDTC fees apply)
- Passengers can pre-book or pay on the day. Passenger fees apply.
- All Drivers must be over 16. (16 -18 yrs must have a Parent or Guardian signed authorisation and hold a current Drivers Licence)
- All Drivers must obtain a licence on the day or hold AASA, CAMS for Wakefield Park, or MDTC licence (fees apply for all licences, see below)
- 2nd Drivers can only drive in the same session as the lead Driver and must be of similar experience.
- 2nd Drivers’ payment and booking must be made with the lead Drivers’ payment and booking prior to the track day.
- 2nd Driver fees apply.
- A helmet.
- All helmets must be an approved Australian Standard road use helmet.
- Long pants, long sleeves, socks and closed shoes.
- Drivers Licence or Photo ID.
- Lunch money – as there’s a café on site with great burgers and more.
- In Summer, sunblock and a hat.
- In Winter, a big warm jacket, a beanie and sometimes, gloves.
- Ensure your car is serviced and roadworthy, and has no loose items lying around inside.
Ensure your car complies to individual track decibel limits.
Other than that, because this is a track day and not a race day, no special requirements are needed.
- Classics, Unregistered and Track Prepared cars will be in grouped sessions accordingly.
- Please contact us with any special requirements or questions you may have.
- No, however some tracks are licence specific.
- At Wakefield Park, all you need is the compulsory AASA Club Licence. A AASA day licence can be purchased online here for $25 and is valid for the nominated date and the receipt with the licence number must be presented on sign in. Alternatively, you can purchase a AASA annual licence here for $75 and have the licence for 12 months. Again, receipt with licence number or licence card must be presented at sign in.
- At MDTC, a licence can be purchased upon sign-in for $50 valid for 12 months.
- If you already hold a current AASA Club Licence or a CAMS licence then this must be presented upon sign-in at both tracks.
As the day is a track day not a race day, that is between you and your insurer. Track Day Club is not responsible for any loss or liability.
Yes, We love Spectators! Bring along your friends and family, all are always welcome to attend all of our events.
Our track days continue rain or shine. It’s a great opportunity to improve your wet weather driving skills.
- Agree to our terms and conditions and submit a booking.
- Make your payment via the supplied link through Paypal.
- or Pay via EFT using your surname as the reference. Our banking info will be provided.
- or Contact Yvette at 0438 642 622 and make a credit card payment.
- Still got a question? Call and we will help run you through the quickest process.
See you at the track!